Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fleabay

I have accomplished an important Redline Project task this evening that has nothing to do with music. Over the past weeks, I have racked up a bit of debt as I purchased the Melodyne editing plug-in for $200 and the upgrade to Logic Pro (from Logic Express) for $115.

If you know anything about either software, you know that both prices are at great savings off retail list. Still, this is a chunk of expense considering the entire project budget is an even grand.

Regular readers know that I am trying to scrounge the 1,000 big ones by selling off possessions. My goal is to leave the old savings account undisturbed. Mostly a success thus far, I reached for the plastic as I succumbed to both deals.

I am determined to pay myself back in full by unloading an unwanted miscellany of bicycle gear and other bric-a-brac. I dedicated the past three hours to photographing a pile of junk from the bike closet and posting it up on the world's favorite used-item free-for-all, eBay.

Should the auctions end near the fair-market value of each tchotchke, ample money to replenish my recent withdrawals should plop into my Paypal account. I will inform you of my success or lack thereof at the time of my listings' deadlines - seven days from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment