Wednesday, April 7, 2010

International Collaboration

Jan Fisher, a distant relative and one of the most faithful Redline Project blog readers, recently asked me to send him the audio files to a scratch recording. Living in Germany, Jan is an accomplished guitarist and recordist, and I have been eager to hear the results of his musical input.

His guitar textures and lines are nothing short of brilliant. What I heard in my head as a major progression (I, IV, I, IV for all you theory geeks), he interpreted as a solid minor chord (vi). I am invigorated by this choice as it brought a new darkness and mystique to the original sound. Jan layered guitar lines and built the texture slowly from a distant hum to an energetic burn. Nice, nice, nice!

In short, I am thrilled to share a wavelength and I hope this is the first of many trans-Atlantic collaborations with this fine musician. This is an invitation to any and all readers: I am thrilled to paint the canvas with anyone who wants to give it a swing. Contact me if you want to get something going.

5 comments:

  1. Well, glad you figured out how to collaborate! I'm always willing to give it a shot, though I suspect most of my input will be more by accident than anything else. (Though I do love experimenting.) If you want, I'm definitely willing to collaborate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much for including me in your project. i ascociated minor, and think that it goes well with the mood of the rain. if anybody is interested in more of my music...here it is: http://www.reverbnation.com/lebensartmusic

    ReplyDelete
  3. josh, is there a way to post the piece again, as it ends so abruptly ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey josh, this is "lady come lately", Rachel Simons mom, Holly.... REALLY been enjoying catching up tonight on blogs and scratch recordings.... this one is excellent.... listened to the first 7, and favs are Ice Cream Man, Slips Away so far, with way thumbs up for the eclectic joy and journey of every single one. I'll be a loyal follower for sure....

    ReplyDelete