Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Knockabout

Tonight, in the bowels of Studio Redline, I had a basement knockabout with a handful of percussion instruments from the closet. Though the scratch recording below is largely unvarnished, I am just starting to know how to control my equipment to get better native sound. So far, I have smoothed out the rough edges with effects and plug-ins; tonight for the first time, I present more of the raw data. Though there are miles to go, the sound quality is starting to head in the right direction - a development that inspired an unfettered happy-dance.

Instead of filling a post with words, I will allow the music to do tonight's talking. If you have been following along, you will probably recognize the melody motive from an earlier post entitled, 'Pitch Correction.' What you will hear has been rekeyed, given a new meter and tempo shift, and supplied with rhythmic accompaniment. Ha - my first remix.

2 comments:

  1. This certainly lifts the wheels of my heavy-laden aircraft off the runway. Sounds like you'll be more than ready to fly me to unknown destinations in 242 days... Cheers Josh. This is an amazing and inspiring project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the harmony singing...hope, this clock doesn't chase you through the recording process.

    ReplyDelete