Thursday, January 14, 2010

Knee Deep

I spent hours yesterday and today tearing through online video tutorials for Logic Express. It is not my intent to advertise products or services on this blog, but I feel compelled to send out a hearty kiss on the cheek to Lynda.com, a service that offers complete access to their extensive library of video software training for less than a dollar a day. Superb.

Even if I had acquired a midi controller keyboard by now, I would still have a few miles before I was ready to work up my first scratch recording in Logic. So to tantalize the tastebuds of the Redline Project's worldwide network of fans (all fourteen of you), here is the latest scratch recording from good-old GarageBand. Completely different from the other scratch recordings I have posted here, this track is my first solo foray into the wondrous arena of midi music.

Thank you to my buddy David for the temporary loan of a Korg MicroKey. All of the tones you hear on this recording are GarageBand synth sounds that I inputted manually using the Korg. Thanks also goes to David for so many reasons. He is great at lighting fires under people (not literally), and he provided some of the key motivation to getting this project started.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Josh,

    You must be a drummer/percussionist!:) Love your use of building rhythms and changing textures throughout--I find it all very creative and interesting. Keep the creative juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh,
    LUV this blog and am excited for you in this project. This particular recording sounds a lot like what I listen to involuntarily every day in public transport here in Eastern Europe. :)
    lol
    ~Rachel Simons

    ReplyDelete