Monday, January 18, 2010

Swimming Laps

A look back at the Redline Project schedule (one of the early posts if you want to have a look) reveals some good news. I set a goal to reach by the end of this month: acquire all of the funds needed to purchase an adequate arsenal of equipment. If you have been following along, you know that Studio Redline (also known as my basement) not only has been outfitted with a decent ensemble of basic gear, but has served as the recording venue for five different aural experiments, all of which are posted below.

I am momentarily thrilled by the success of this, until the nagging realities nibble on my ankles once again: I do not have any sort of concept for a final product, I have no grasp of how to write lyrics, I am embarrassed by my singing voice, and in the quest to reach 10,000 people with my music, I am up to 15 blog followers, many of whom are required by law to love me.

The short of it: I was supposed to swim two laps this month and have managed to paddle through four, but the destination of the Redline Project taunts me from across the ocean and seems, as it truly is, to be fathoms away.

So I am calling out to you, dear readers, to have a voice in what is to follow. When you hear something you like, say so. If something is not resonating with you, or a concept isn't cohesive, shout it out. If this project is to be more than ye olde proverbial tree falling in a wood, then I need some listeners. I want to know what your preferences are because, after all, the efforts of this project are aimed in your direction.

A shout goes out to my grandma who recently celebrated 90 years and continues to gain steam. She emails, she Skypes, she Facebooks, and she faithfully follows along as a subscriber to this blog. Oh to be a fly perched on the windowsill when she downloaded yesterday's thumping trance track. I'll bet a hearty sum she did the robot.

2 comments:

  1. You get extra points for mentioning Grandma in your blog!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could take a page from Daft Punk and Owl City- vocode your voice beyond recognition, and all you need for lyrics is one or two catchy phrases! (For example: "One more time, we're gonna celebrate, oh yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing." - Daft Punk, "One More Time")

    There ya go! Problem solved!(Ah, if only it were that easy... I'd be bigger than The Beatles.) I definitely feel your pain. Words that move can be hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete