Thursday, January 28, 2010

Looking to the Mountains

I am heading up 575 after work to the mountain town of Ellijay. This humble north Georgia locale has sharp peaks, a few apple orchards, and not much else. Among other things, I am seeking the sort of quiet that will get the creative smoothies blended and lend a sense of direction to the recorded product of the Redline Project.

I have a guitar and a notebook, and I intend to use both extensively. My fingers are crossed that the same mountains offering inspiration to writers, musicians, painters, sculptors, and poets over many centuries will cast a similar spell on me. I can almost smell my pen burning the paper as I tear up the sheets with a blaze of lyric writing.

Though there will not be new posts to this blog until the first of February, I promise several stabs at new songs when I return.

I will be away from the internet through the weekend, so these humble paragraphs serve as the conclusion to a wild first month of the Redline Project music madness. It blows the mind to think that a twelfth of 2010 has already breezed by. I am hopeful that momentum will continue to grow and the music will continue to get heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment