Thursday, April 15, 2010

Piles O' Tracks

I dabbed a little sparkle onto another track tonight, bringing the total of nearly complete recordings to six. With a goal of ten completed tracks, the Redline Project has broken into a full gallup. (Insert a rousing refrain of the William Tell Overture here.)

This means I am beating my projected schedule with a mallet or other damaging implement, which is positive as it allows more time dedicated to the lofty goal of scrounging up 10,000 listeners. The revised plan is to finish these ten tracks, cycle back through each once more for review, and then consider the possibility of adding another song or two to the mix with whatever time remains.

I am on pace to finish in a third of a year what I anticipated would consume three quarters. (Roll that William Tell one more time.) Refraining from exclamation marks is a challenge, as my excitement level has shot through the roof. With so much of life dangling thick weights around my neck lately, an encouraging day is a welcome shift.

On a technical note, odeo.com appears to be down for the moment, which means all scratch tracks posted here are currently unplayable. If the outage persists, I will need to find another solution, but hopefully the issue will resolve in a day's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment