Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Big Creek

A favorite after-work riding spot, Big Creek trails are my midweek mountain biking standby. Tonight they held a time trial, a sort of race where they release one rider per minute instead of all at once. This is a great way to roll, because instead of butts and elbows everywhere, each racer feels virtually alone in the woods.

I have participated in a few races in the past, never doing all that well. If 30 riders enter, I usually end up dead center at 14 or 15, and occasionally I bump ahead a few slots. I have not participated in a race for a year and a half, though I have been cycling several times each week since.

Unbeknownst to me, I have been improving. A lot. Tonight, I made it to the podium for the first time, placing third. There was much whooping and happy dancing once I was in the seclusion of my somewhat soundproof automobile. Hurray Josh. Atta boy.

What does this have to do with the Redline Project and its progress? Remarkably little, except that my legs ache, my brain is fried, and my eyelids are drooping even as I try to squeeze out these few paragraphs. I just don't have it in me tonight to face recording and editing. For tonight, nothing is on the docket except a slice of pizza and a sitcom viewing or two.

1 comment: