Friday, June 4, 2010

Missing Something

Stewing around in my mind since the listening party two weeks ago is the growing awareness that the Redline Project final album lacks a strong opener. Aside from that, the collection of tracks has everything: high energy selections, slow burns, a variety of textures, an array of emotions. As it continues to take shape, my excitement has continued to ramp upwards.

The song slated to be the opener is called Sidewalk, a mysterious track leaning towards the electronic domain of the aural spectrum. With its industrial beat and repid lyrics, I initially deemed it a strong foot forward for the project. The more I listen, the more I feel certain it will leave my listeners a little hollow and a touch morose - not exactly the strong opener the album needs to encourage further listening.

I am headed back to the blank canvas yet again; this time searching for a catchy, relatable tune that has enough hook and yet remains true to the overarching album concepts. While the task itself is daunting, I am eager to create from scratch after spending months on the technical side of editing and mixing existing music. And as always, I will keep the readers of this blog apprised of the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment