Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Back to Wonderland

After a week's worth of massive Communicycle events, compounded by the sheer joy and utter complexity of hosting out-of-town guests for several days, I have returned afresh to the molasses of mixing Redline Project songs.

What better place to dive in that the song that started it all: Slips Away. It is recognizable to its week-old form, but I reincarnated most tracks to provide better balance and more organic tone. These songs are starting to remind me of the nine lives of cats, with most surviving multiple wholesale returns to square one.

A thin band of silver lines the buttload of work that remains: with each pass, the compositions inch towards refinement and maturation. There is an evolution to my slowly building skill as a home recordist, and it is motivating to throw the occasional glimpse over my shoulder as I crawl toward this project's lofty goals.

Slips Away is a solid song - a simple statement that means much coming from the increasingly cynical curator of this endeavor. And the day is coming when I will finally share it (and much other music) with anyone who cares to have a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment