Monday, May 17, 2010

Listening Day Six

What a pleasure after yesterday's wrestling match to edit a piece of music needing virtually nothing changed. The sixth track of the Redline Project, Wabash is a smoky, trance piece with a pulsing beat and a tense construction. I must work really hard to control my bouncing knees as I sit and edit this piece. Makes me wish I knew the robot.

Song Report Number Six: Wabash
As with Tremont, the other strictly instrumental track on the recording, Wabash needs little in the editing department. The reason is because much of the music consists of midi notation, which allows the novice recordist to get instantly clean sounds without much effort. I performed a bit of rearranging, shortening one section and adding some drum hits to another. I also added some overall compression and EQ tweaks to give the recording a darker, fuller sound. That is all; this one is ready for the dance floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment