Saturday, May 1, 2010

Side Step

My wife and mother-in-law joined me for an afternoon outing to the High Museum of Art, where an exquisite temporary exhibit called, 'The Allure of the Automobile' is on display. A score of the rarest of automobiles from the 1930s to the 1960s are on view for a couple of months only, and the collection is nothing short of jaw-dropping.

What does any of this have to do with the Redline Project? Hardly anything, except that the trip took me away from music recording, mixing, and once again, blogging.

This project has become a fixture of daily life, and a weekend devoid of progress make me feel as my wife does without eyeliner - that something is missing. The habit of producing basement recordings is certainly a better one than biting nails or cracking knuckles, and I am glad to be hooked on this constructive and invigorating pastime.

I accomplished a skosh of composing and editing today; a twist of a knob here, a tweak of a dial there. That's all. With the house returning to its standard population, tomorrow will bring a grand return to the project's goals as I try to polish and shine the last few rough cuts.

If you have a moment to navigate to high.org, where you can peruse a sampling of the marvelous automobiles on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment