Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nine Day Plan

Starting tonight, I am working through one recording per day, carefully listening, analyzing and making changes to it after several playbacks. The process is nothing short of exciting, as bothersome details are carefully ironed out of the mix.

After these nine days, I hope to invite some trusted friends with good sets of ears to a listening and critiquing party. This means in a matter of weeks, these songs will be unveiled in rough form for the first time. This is nothing short of momentous to me.

Song Report Number One: Sidewalk
The focus of my adjustments has been the vocal track, performing almost an entire rework of the Melodyne effect and adding a more robotic vocoder to the sound. I also shortened some phrases in an effort to tighten up the composition. Certain effects are gone from certain tracks with others added in their place. The vocals have been de-essed using a beautiful compression method found on YouTube.

None of this will mean anything to anybody, and you have my sincere apologies for the bore. I do want a record of it so I can look back and ponder the series of surgeries each of my tracks had to endure.

I must return to the track to make a few last adjustments and bounce out a new mp3 before the night becomes morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment