Sunday, May 9, 2010

Laundry and Reruns

As the weekend draws to a close, it is rare that I have much energy, and this Sunday evening is no exception. I have never been any good at relaxing or sitting still. My weekends attest to this claim, each one crammed to the rafters with outings, errands, and activities.

By way of example, please allow the following list: shopping for Mother's Day, mountain biking, enjoying a friend's wedding, dancing the night away, selling a bicycle, attending church, eating lunch with my Mother, and recording another final Redline Project track. There was hardly time for sleep in the past 48 hours.

After I the Waffle House rendezvous with the dude who purchased my bicycle, I took the ride home to prepare mentally for an evening of recording, mixing, and blogging. But alas, when I returned home, Facebook called my name softly luring me into its endless list of random ponderances.

One friend posted his amusement with this week's episode of Saturday Night Live and its featured host, Betty White. "Oh right... I wanted to watch that," my procrastinating self contemplated.

Next stop, Hulu.com for a rerun viewing of SNL. Another hour gone.

Next thought: "Hmm... There is laundry to sort, and if I fold all five loads that are sitting in the basement waiting for attention, I can load up some old Seinfeld DVDs and vegetate a little longer, all while pleasing my wife with a completed household chore."

I suppose honesty is better than indefinite procrastination. Simply stated, I do not feel like working on my recordings tonight. Why push? Why force? This is my project, and it is supposed to be fun. I think I will take the night off and return to the Redline Project once I source some much-needed motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment