Friday, May 21, 2010

Listening Party

Big night. Four friends came over to listen through a rough cut of the Redline Project final album. Other than my wife, no one has heard this music before, so tonight was the first unveiling of what has become an epic endeavor.

I am grateful to friends Ian, Eric, Josh, and Peter who spent their Friday night listening to each track and furnishing me with a pocketful of specific, helpful feedback. I am deeply encouraged by their enjoyment of the music and their ability to connect with the emotional content of the album. The advice and ideas for tweaks and adjustments were all spot on and unbelievably helpful.

That said, I am now trying to muster the will to go back through and edit everything yet again. Tomorrow, I will be back to the familiar chain of recording, editing, and mixing. The listening committee all agreed that the opening track needs to grab more than it does, and they suggested a preface track (not yet written or recorded) that may bring introduction and coherence to the overarching album concepts.

Though there is much work still waiting for me, the finish line is within sniffing distance - a cause for great celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment