Saturday, May 15, 2010

Listening Day Four

I consider Tremont to be the first mature piece of electronica I have ever produced, and it is a lot of fun. Not really electronica through and through, the track features yours truly on the drum set, though the resulting sound has been generously processed. I always catching myself getting jiggy in my office chair whenever I give Tremont a playback, and nothing would make me more thrilled than to know the track eventually inspires my listeners to do the same.

Song Report Number Four: Tremont
Fantastic that this track should fall on a Saturday, because there is really not much to do here. I added some overall compresser/limiter functions and global EQ. Other than that, I made a quick tweak in EQ and redid a couple of effects in the drum set tracks. I also added a midi bass drum sound in one spot to provide a little more bottom end. No heavy lifting here, which means I am back to enjoying what is shaping up to be a delightful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment